2010/01/11

Ulaanbaatar Trade and Economic Office Taipei

It's cold in Taipei today. According to Central Weather Bureau, it's 13~15 degrees in Taipei with a relative humidity of 100%.

Toastmaster Mayumi Hu introduced Mr. Markhaaj Choidorj to me this morning. I went to meet with the Head Representative of Ulaanbaatar Trade and Economic Office, Taipei this afternoon. Mr. Choidorj was kind to introduce me to the political and economic situation in Mongolia for one hour. He suggested me to read "From World Power to Soviet Satellite" written by Baabar in English to know the history of Mongolia from a Mongolian perspective.

Mr. Choidorj told me the promising outlook of GDP US$15,000 in Mongolia by 2015. In addition to the development of basic infrastructures, such as the second railway between Ulaanbaatar and Beijing, domestic highways, power stations, there are 15 strategic mining projects on going in Mongolia. I'm happy that there will soon be a Toastmasters club in time to provide the friendly and positive environment for people who wish to hone their communication and leadership skills.

When I asked Mr. Choidorj if it's cold in Mongolia. Mr. Choidorj told me that all buildings and offices were supplied with central heating system. People wear short sleeves indoors. Mr. Choidorj joked that Taiwanese could endure the coldness better than Mongolians. In summer, he must put on jacket in an air-conditioned room while Taiwanese only wear short-sleeves shirts. Mr. Choidorj told me that it's mostly sunny in Mongolia. It is "Nice" cold. People feel cold on the face, but warm inside the body. But I can't imagine what a "Nice" cold feels like at a temperature below forty.

Many Toastmasters friends sent me bon voyage message and advised me to stay warm. Irene told me not to stay outdoors for too long to avoid my ears being frozen off. Linda provided several tips to fight against the coldness, wrap my feet with vinyl sheet, wrap my belly with heat pack, wrap my neck with scarf, keep my hands in the pocket holding a heat pack. All golden ladies shall drink a lot of hot tea to transcend the heat (energy) to me telepathically.

I just can't wait to fly to Ulaanbaatar to know how cold it is below forty. I'm going to throw a dumping out of the window to see if it will be frozen before it falls on the ground.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...